The Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida, offers a unique opportunity to qualified applicants with expertise in innovation, technology, and new venture strategy and invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of associate or full professor. We are on the lookout for an accomplished scholar and educator with a passion for teaching courses and conducting research that delves into the intricacies of organizational and open innovation from a global perspective. The position will begin in Fall 2024.
We seek a dynamic scholar and educator to teach courses and publish peer-reviewed research related to organizational and business model innovation which encompasses value creation, value delivery, and value capture; strategic management; business application of emergent technologies; new venture strategy; design thinking, and other related subjects with an entrepreneurial mindset and global perspective. Additionally, the candidate will catalyze new initiatives connecting our curriculum and programs and collaborate broadly across our network of business and community partners.
We only hire experienced faculty, many of whom have won teaching awards before they joined Crummer. If you enjoy teaching and aspire to become an even better teacher, this job is for you. At Crummer, you can teach students ranging in age and experience, from recent college graduates to senior executives. Our students demand much of us and challenge and stimulate us as much as we do them.
We are a small faculty who get along well because we are all dedicated to great teaching with a global perspective. We are nimble and operate with little bureaucracy. All new Crummer faculty come without tenure and have three years to qualify for tenure through their teaching, research, and service.
The Crummer Graduate School of Business is committed to growing educational programs that bridge technology, innovation, and new venture creation. Crummer is a great place to work—talented students, wonderful colleagues, and a stimulating intellectual climate. We are an AACSB accredited, nationally ranked MBA/EDBA-only business school attached to a highly ranked undergraduate liberal arts college.
To be successful at the Crummer Graduate School of Business, faculty must excel at teaching. Research programs that complement teaching in the classroom are highly desirable. Application of unique professional and academic expertise in service of the Crummer mission is expected. The following are expected activities in teaching, research, and service.
- Develop and teach graduate courses in organizational and business model innovation, open innovation, value creation, strategic technology management and application, new venture strategy with the mindset of an entrepreneur, design thinking, and related fields.
- Advise and supervise doctoral dissertations.
- Approximately fifty percent of the annual performance evaluation is based upon teaching outcomes in the classroom.
- The Crummer Graduate School of Business recognizes a broad range of research that contributes to managerial practice in the form of peer-reviewed journal articles and textbooks.
- Establish and grow a vibrant research program that explores how digitalization, sustainability pressures, or global supply chain dynamics are reshaping how value is created, delivered, and captured in various industries. You are interested in strategic venture creation and exploring how business innovation can transform business models to help firms pivot from product-centric to service-centric models, harness platform ecosystems, or monetize data in novel ways.
- Approximately thirty percent of the annual performance evaluation is based upon research productivities.
- Service on ongoing committees and periodic task forces.
- Collaboration with faculty and staff associated with centers of excellence inside the Crummer Graduate School of Business is expected.
- Approximately twenty percent of the annual performance evaluation is based upon service contributions and leadership.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Ph.D. in business, engineering, or a related discipline with specialization and expertise in topics related to innovation and value creation, strategic technology management, and new venture strategy.
- Potential for excellence in teaching courses in open innovation, new venture strategy, technology management, and related fields.
- Strong record of research accomplishments and publications in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Experience and interest in collaborative, multidisciplinary research.
- Passion for developing partnerships with industry, alumni, government entities, and the entrepreneurial community.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and understanding of real-world technology innovation/ and commercialization.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply for this position, please upload the following documents onto this website (please do not email the documents concurrently to the search committee):
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vita
- Research statement
- Teaching statement
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
The search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and will continue until the vacancy is filled.
Diversity & Inclusion at Rollins:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click here.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
- Paid Holidays and College Closure Days
- Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
- 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
- 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
- Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
- FREE On-Campus Parking
- FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
- FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
- Pet Insurance
- 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
- Plus More!
- Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
- FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
- IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
- College Bookstore Discounts
- Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
- Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: Live, Work, Play and Learn
- Plus More!
Click here to review our full benefits package.